It’s time for an upgrade–an upgrade to one of the most technologically advanced, eco-conscious and luxury vehicles on the market. It’s time you don’t have to give up style and class for eco-friendly features. It’s time to start looking at the Volvo XC90 T8 eAWD Plug-In Hybrid SUV.
What It Has
1. T8 eAWD Twin Engine Plug-In Hybrid. The engine drives the front wheels, and the electric motor powers the rear wheels, giving instant acceleration and on-demand all-wheel drive. When in pure electric mode, the engine prioritizes electric drive with a zero-emission driving range up to 31 mph, ideal for daily commuting. In the Hybrid mode, both the electric motor and the gas engine are utilized to optimize performance, fuel consumption and comfort, while the Power mode uses all available power to maximize performance. The eAWD mode activates full-time all-wheel drive for improved traction in slippery conditions and to facilitate driving on less optimal roads at speeds below 31 mph.
2. Start/Stop Technology. This function helps reduce fuel consumption and exhaust emissions in the city. Whether you’re stopping at a traffic light or or in a traffic queue, the engine temporarily shuts off to eliminate idling and instantly restarts when you resume driving.
3. Eight-speed Geartronic™ Automatic Transmission – AWD. The automatic transmission system in the Volvo XC90 fosters optimal engine response and the highest fuel efficiency. It ensures you’re always in the right gear while giving you the option to switch to manual mode.
4. Drive Mode Settings. Choose among the Comfort, Eco, Dynamic, Off-Road (some models) and Individual drive modes for optimal engine and transmission function depending on the type of driving you’re doing. For example, Comfort mode offers soft shock absorption and smooth body movements while the Eco mode works to obtain maximum fuel efficiency.
5. Power Driver Seat with Memory. Power adjustment for the driver’s seat and door mirrors to attain your perfect position. Your Volvo then saves the settings. Every time you use your remote control for the central locking, the seat and door mirrors will automatically adjust to your preferences. You can save up to three different seat and door mirror settings by using the buttons on the seat.